19th Annual Truckee River Field Study Course￼
May 4 @ 7:00 am – May 5 @ 5:00 pm
Tour Leader: Karin Peternel, CFM, CPSWQ, QSD/P
Guest Speakers from TMWRF, Truckee River Watershed Council, TMWA,
TCID, City of Fernley, US Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Reclamation, City of Reno, The Nature Conservancy, NOAA/NWS
$270 NWRA Members
$310 Non Members
LIMITED TO 14 ATTENDEES
This two-day field course will cover:
- Current drought conditions
- Hydrology and flow regulation under the Orr Ditch Decree and Truckee River Agreement
- Water quality trends and remediation, including aquatic invasive species
- Endangered & threatened fish
- Riparian habitat restoration
- Flood control enhancement
- Legal issues and efforts to negotiate solutions
- The newly implemented Truckee River Operation Agreement (TROA).
Qualifies for 15 hours of continuing education credit for Nevada engineers and water right surveyors. Attorneys and others may get credit if approved by their licensing agency.
This is a full two-day field course by bus, covering the entire length of the Truckee River. Space permitting, there is flexibility for individuals to sign up for one day only. Seating is limited, and there is a moderate amount of walking involved.