Comity Professional Land Surveying (PLS) License
(First NEVADA PLS license, currently licensed in another other US state or US territory)
Application Process for Comity/Endorsement Licensure
- Complete the NCEES application form ($0 fee to create a Record, $75 fee paid directly to NCEES to transmit Record to Nevada (unless it’s the first time transmitting your Record, then the fee is $175))
- Complete the Nevada Board short electronic application form ($125 fee, $0 for active military)
Nevada uses the NCEES Record as its application. Because the completion and verification process required for a NCEES Record can take a number of weeks, and the Nevada board online application requires the entry of your NCEES ID#, which can only be obtained after you begin creating an NCEES Record, we recommend starting the NCEES Record process before completing the Nevada short electronic form.
1. NCEES Record
An NCEES Record includes the information listed below.
- Education information (Transcripts are required for all academic credit. (Foreign degrees may require a credential evaluation)
- Exam verification (Verification of NCEES FE and NCEES PE examinations)
- Work experience (Chronological listing and verification of engineering and other work experience)
- Professional references (five references, four from licensed professional engineers who can reflect the character and diversity of your experience and are personally acquainted with your professional reputation)
- Additional questions for the applicant
2. Nevada Board Short Application Form
COMITY LICENSURE application consideration
Following the completion and transmission of your NCEES Record and the completion of the short electronic form via the Nevada board’s website, your application packet will be presented to the Board Chair and Executive Director of the Nevada State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors for consideration. This review period generally takes 7-10 business days, depending on the volume of application packets.
Following review of the COMITY LICENSURE applications, successful applicants will be notified of conditional approval for professional licensure.
To complete the licensure process, the conditionally approved applicant must pass two-hour closed-book examination on the laws of this State and the procedures for the practice of land surveying. The passing grade for this exam is a minimum of 70%.
After passing the Nevada-specific exam, the applicant pays a prorated license fee to align with the appropriate biennial renewal period.
The biennial renewal schedule for Nevada is determined by the first letter of the licensee’s surname:
- A through E – renew by January 1 of each odd-numbered year.
- F through K – renew by July 1 of each odd-numbered year.
- L through R – renew by January 1 of each even-numbered year.
- S through Z – renew by July 1 of each even-numbered year.